Thursday, January 13, 2011

Grandmas


Nin-Nin


Po-Po

Over Christmas one of my cousins told me he thought Katelyn looked like our grandma in our Christmas picture. That comment has stuck with me because I think that is one of the greatest compliments Katelyn could receive. Since then I have been thinking a lot about my grandma on my dad's side and due to recent events I have been thinking a lot about my grandma on my mom's side. My heart is filled with sadness when I think about how neither of my grandmas got to meet Ethan and Katelyn and how much I wish they could have. I know that they would have brought my grandmas much joy. But what I think I am most sad about is that Ethan and Katelyn will never get to see and know the beautiful strength both of my grandmas had. In talking with David last night he helped me realize that I can (hopefully!) pass down the amazing strength and genuine love my grandmas had to our children and that my grandmas will continue to live through all of us.

Grandmas,
Thank you for your generous love and for the influence you have had on my life. I love you both and miss you dearly!

3 comments:

Dan said...

Beautiful thoughts Marisela. And you're right - You most definitely will pass down the strength and love from your grandmas. Kari and I are praying for you and for your family during this time. We're so sorry for your loss. If there's anything we can do to help, or anything at all that you need please let us know. Love, Dan

Ali said...

<>
and lots of love!

Ali said...

that was supposed to be "Hugs" and lots of love.