Friday, July 12, 2013

Summer Fest

This year I had the privilege of helping out with our church's week long Summer Fest in July. Thankfully, I had a friend who agreed to co-lead the preschool portion with me. It was a lot of work, and we were all tired at the end, but I really enjoyed being a part of this week, especially getting to experience it with my own children.

The theme was Kingdom Rock and we learned how to stand strong in God.

Katelyn just missed the age cutoff to officially be in the preschool class, but she joined the three year old class for part of the time and by the end of the week stayed with us the whole time. This was mainly because she was having a hard time being separated from me, and it was a long week for her, but she hung in there! And Emily was in amazing hands in the nursery for the week!

Ethan enjoyed being in the four year old class, he had a great time! One of my favorite things was seeing Ethan do all the hand motions to the songs during worship time. It amazed me how quickly he picked them up!

My little sidekick for the week!

Game time!

Ethan with his class for games!

The mission focus was collecting change to build water wells in Africa. Ethan is emptying his box of change we collected over the week into a well. He emptied all the change from his piggy bank into his box, which almost filled it up. I was touched by his giving spirit!

By the end of the week Katelyn was brave enough to join some of the other kids on stage during worship. I just loved hearing her sing the worship songs!

The happy smiles made it all worth it!

No comments: