Katelyn had her 4 month appointment last week, I can't believe she is 4 months old already. She weighed a little over 15 lbs. For some reason she was frightened of the doctor, I guess she knew what awaited her when the doctor left, her shots. Although, she cried less for the shots than for the doctor!
Katelyn has learned how to grasp objects and really enjoys being in her play gym, she especially likes to grab the giraffe. She also likes playing with stuffed animals, especially the Shamu puppet, and other small baby toys. The toys, undoubtedly, end up in her mouth. =)
She has also discovered her thumb. One afternoon I left her to put Ethan down for his nap, when I came back, this is how I found her. It definitely soothes her, whenever she can find her thumb. She is also laughing a lot and tells us her stories when we are rocking her to sleep, it's precious.
Ethan and I are finding new ways to keep ourselves occupied during this cold, rainy time. He really likes building forts. Sometimes I will turn around and find all the pillows on the floor, ready for a fort to be made.
I am constantly amazed at how he is learning to communicate more and more. The length of his sentences are typically 5-6 words, sometimes even 8 words long. My favorite phrase right now is "I forgot...to pray, to turn the light off, to close the gate, etc." And if I say "what?" because I can't understand what he is saying he will slow down and enunciate each syllable.
He is also getting his second set of molars on the bottom, poor little guy. As he would say, "tough guy". I'm looking forward to Ethan getting all of his teeth in, probably just in time for Katelyn to start teething. Teething is so elusive. Once the tooth starts breaking through then you go, "Oh, that's why he wasn't sleeping a few weeks ago" or "That is why he has been cranky lately".
Ethan is interacting more and more with Katelyn, which is exciting to see. The other day he bumped his head and said, "Baby kiss it". It is usually me who comforts him with a kiss, so it was cute to see that he wanted his sister to do it. He is also aware when she is in the bouncer or on the floor without a toy and will want to give her a toy, "Give baby toy". He is getting better at sharing his toys with her and we are working on him asking for a turn and giving her another toy in exchange to play with, because someday she will be able to fend for herself! And of course Katelyn loves watching Ethan and often does so with intense interest and a smile.
2 comments:
Can't wait to see you guys! We will have to look for some extra pillows for the fort that Ethan is going to build.
G-Pa
Wow, they grow up so fast!
Post a Comment