Saturday, August 27, 2011

Adios Summer!

This was my last full week home with the kids before work starts back up. I am going back to work for 2 days a week, and although I know this doesn't sound too bad, I've had a hard time adjusting to the idea of going back to work. After more than a year off, of course it would be difficult. The other night a friend reminded me that we have been praying for a Job Share situation for 2 years now and our prayers have been answered! With this in mind, in my mind I know that this is what God has planned for this year and so I'm eager to see what is going to happen. But in my heart, I struggle with being away from my little ones because I know I will miss them dearly. When I was working full-time I always thought how great would it be if the work week was switched, the work week being 2 days and the weekend being 5 days. Well, I guess I get to see this come true! I have mixed emotions about going back to work, but I'm very thankful that it will be in a part-time capacity!

I had grand plans to make this week extra special, but it didn't quite turn out as planned. We did do a couple of fun things, including play with our playgroup friends at the park, have our friend Matteo over to play, get smoothies at Jamba Juice, and go to the zoo with our friends Ali and Isla. Katelyn had a pretty bad reaction to one of her vaccinations she had gotten the previous week (a fever that lasted for a few days and a rash that is still going away) and she has been feeling miserable all week. So, I didn't want to push it too much for her sake. Nonetheless, we still had a great time and I cherished each day.


Katelyn had a great time playing the drums! (That is a happy expression!)


Trying to resist the urge to smile.


Wait for me bro bro!

No comments: