I was a bit unsure about how things would go once David returned to work, but believe it or not, we made it through week 1! Here's a recap of our first week together (and no, I won't be doing this every week)...
Day 1 - Our morning is off to a great start, happy, smiling kiddos! Well, actually, I was busy nursing Emily when Katelyn woke up. Ethan went upstairs to keep Katelyn company until I could come up and he did a great job at it!
Making a train out of pop beads.
And we're off! I managed to get all 3 in the car!
We spent the morning with some play group friends at the park.
Playing (so nicely!) together at home.
Day 2 - Playing with Emily while mommy is still getting things together.
Definitely not a baby any more!
Getting used to spending time in the swing.
Reading books at the library! We took a trip to the library to check out some new books and a Winnie the Pooh DVD since they've been talking about Winnie the Pooh, but have never seen any of his videos.
Enjoying Jamba Juice on a warm day!
The water table made its debut this week... it's been great weather to play in the water!
Testing the limits, a must lately.
Day 3 - A trip to Trader Joe's for some much needed staples! I wasn't sure how we were going to do it, but we figured it out.
Almost all the groceries were in Ethan's cart. It did limit how much we could get, so thankfully we didn't need much.
Day 4 - Snuggle time! This is how Emily likes to be when we're not out and about.
We had a play date at a park with some friends. Ethan and Katelyn loved this spinning aparatus!
Katie loves playing with Ashley!
And Ethan really enjoys playing with Cameron!
Being a good sister and checking on her little sis.
Day 5 - A trip to Poway Lake to feed the ducks and have a picnic!
They both have a new found love for the swing! They're learning how to pump their legs!
It was a good week! The first four days were great and Friday was a bit hairy, but it's because I had a lot of my mind and a lot of things I wanted to get done that day. All in all, we survived and it gave me some confidence about going out with the three. I do have to add that Emily was a super trooper! She slept almost the whole time on our outings and didn't need to nurse once while we were out this week. That definitely made this week so successful!
3 comments:
Super Mom, great job. Can't wait to see the kiddos again.
G-Pa
Nice work, I don't know how you do it :)
I'm just going to call you Super Mom from now on!!!!!!!! So happy you get to stay home now!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment