Thursday, July 29, 2010

Free Summer Fun!

Ethan and I have been enjoying the quietness the past 2 weeks have brought after a series of fun family vacations. While we have been trying to get things ready for baby #2, we're also been hanging out with our play date friends and checking out the fun free things our city has to offer, free museums, a local splash park, and library activities...


Playing with the water at the splash park.


In the end I got more wet than Ethan did, as he wanted to get "up" to touch the water as they spouted from these little umbrellas.

We checked out this music, story, art, and fun time at our local library. The teacher had about 6-8 different stations the children could participate in and then had a short story time at the end. I really liked that it gave Ethan the opportunity to try activities he hasn't tried before and be around other children his age, but I think that it would have been better if there were about 30 fewer kids in the room. It was definitely a popular library event!


Discovering play dough for the first time.


Using a roller with the play dough.


Painting with these cool roller paints.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ethan looks like he is already in school! Sure glad you are letting him enjoy his summer.
It looks like great fun.

G-Pa

Anonymous said...

Cutie pie!Great photos!

Meema

Johanna said...

now THAT looks messy!! :)

Kimberly said...

How fun, can't wait to play in a few weeks!

Dan said...

Fun!!!!