Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Rainbows, Dirt, & Dr. Seuss

Get ready for some more Friends School fun! We've had fun themes like rainbows, dirt, and Dr. Seuss...

We learned about rainbows at our friend Keira's house...

Making rainbows with fruit loops. I was amazed at how patient the kids were with putting each fruit loop on one by one.

Rainbow painting with my hands! This is too good to be true!

Katie loves hanging out with Jack, she's definitely an animal lover!

Out on our rainbow walk looking for different colors!

Our next theme was dirt... who doesn't love dirt? Oh, that's right... parents!

Digging in the dirt and watering it to make mud!

Making mud pies! Shaking his container to mix the pudding and milk.

Definitely enjoying this special cooking project.

Matching caps with their bottles, completely up Ethan's alley.

Decorating pots with cute Spring stickers.

Playing outside. Ethan is getting rid of a spider web with a long stick... hmm, I wonder where he's seen that before. Ethan had a great time getting messy while learning about dirt!

The following week we had a Dr. Seuss theme at our house in honor of Dr. Seuss' birthday and Read Across America.

Ten Apples Up on Top, one of the stories we read. Ethan is usually very reluctant and sometimes even refuses to help with interactive felt board activities, but was super eager to help on this day.

Dr. Seuss hat!

Katelyn enjoyed coloring her hat... although I think more ended up on her face than on her hat.

Concentrating hard while making our I Spy bottles.

Making oobleck with mommy before our friends came.

Ethan really liked the oobleck, even though I never really got the consistency right. As you can see in all the picture, Pablo was Ethan's special friend for the day.


Quickly counting out gold fish, as he was very eager to eat them.

Can't wait for more Friends School!

No comments: