MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) has come to have a special place in my heart, as this is my third year. Looking back I definitely wish I had joined earlier, right after Ethan was born, but I'm glad that it's a part of my life now. My first year was right after Katelyn was born and I was taking my maternity leave for the first part of the school year. It was a chance for me to connect with other moms, listen to great speakers, and enjoy a delicious brunch. And I was so glad when we decided I was going to take the entire year off because it meant I could continue attending to MOPS! Fast forward two years and here we are! MOPS has become a place for me to make friendships, be encouraged and encourage others in our roles as moms, and have a little break. Both Ethan and Katelyn attend a special program for them while I'm with the other mommies. Ethan loves his teachers, but mostly enjoys being with his friends. Katelyn leaves her classroom saying, "preschool", because she so desperately wants to go to preschool like her brother and in her mind, she is on MOPS days. I love that Ethan and Katelyn have their own special program where they can learn about God's love for them. I wanted to blog about MOPS because it's been a life saver in so many ways and I want to remember it...
The 1st MOPS meeting of the year!
On days when we don't have official MOPS meetings, we get to have fun table play dates...
Feeding the ducks at Poway Lake!
The ducks were very hungry this morning.
Surrounded by ducks!
At a safer spot with Zach after one of the ducks pecked at Katelyn's fingers while trying to get a piece of bread.
Hiking on the trail... Ethan in the distance resting on a bench waiting for us to catch up.
At Powerhouse Park on another play date... the train passing was a huge hit!
What a beautiful day!
Ethan trying to scare the seagull with his buddy Miles.
Emily play with her toy!
Good buds! They're also in the same preschool class, which made this day even more special for Ethan.
This has been a great start at MOPS and am really looking forward to what the rest of this year holds!
No comments:
Post a Comment