Friday, November 16, 2012

Big Week!


This has been a BIG week for little Emily! Before our trip to Santa Barbara Emily was taking her naps in the swing and falling asleep in the swing at night before being transferred to the pack 'n play in our room. I jokingly asked David if we could fit the swing in the van for our trip. One day on our trip I tried laying Emily down for bedtime when she was fully awake and she was able to go to sleep by herself! So, we decided that when we got back Emily would start sleeping in her crib in her own room. I do miss snuggling with her at night, but I'm so proud of her for transitioning so well! And it takes a load off of me during the day trying to keep Ethan and Katelyn quiet while Emily took a nap in the swing downstairs. If it wasn't for the trip, she'd probably still be taking naps and going to sleep at night in the swing!


Hard to tell, but all three bedroom doors are closed with a kid fast asleep in each room! Such a strange sight to see!

We also noticed that Emily has been very interested in watching us eat, so we decided it was time for solids!
Eagerly waiting for her rice cereal!

Her first bite of rice cereal!

Hmm... what is this?

She's still getting the hang of eating solids, but she has started the solids journey! I can't believe how quickly she is growing, sniff, sniff.

1 comment:

Mackenzie said...

Awwwww sweet Emily! So THAT'S why she seemed sooooo big on Saturday evening! All these changes are growing her up! :) bittersweet!