Once November 1st hit, I was ready to start our thankful tree! We started it last year with our Friends School and I couldn't wait to do it again. At first I was just going to put up things the kids were thankful for, but Ethan would often ask us what we were thankful for. This was not only a good opportunity to model being thankful, but actually take a moment and reflect on blessings we have been given.
This year Ethan helped me make the tree, which was a special time for the two of us. He was eager to create his own tree and use his scissor skills, which is why there are two!
Some of the things were are thankful for this season...
David: Momma, God's provision, Ethan, Katelyn, Emily
Marisela: God, snuggles, showers, MOPS, staying home, hugs, my 3 kiddos, family vacations
Ethan: my friends, mom (I made the list this year!), dad, Katie, Emily, our home, E and P, preschool
Katelyn: trees, lambie, duckie, water, bananas, granola, milk, Giants (that's my girl!!!)
We have so many blessings, I love actually slowing down and thinking about God's gifts!
No comments:
Post a Comment