Saturday, December 6, 2014

Home!

It felt like this day would never come, Aaron was released from the hospital! In the grand scheme of things our stay was relatively short, but while we were in the midst of it time went by very slowly, as time was measured by the frequency of Aaron's feedings. I think the nurses would have liked us to stay longer, but the doctor knew that we were eager to get back home. While I was definitely glad we were leaving the hospital, I had a lot of anxiety about Aaron continuing to having good feedings in order to gain weight, staying healthy in the midst of cold and flu season, and the long drive ahead of us.

Putting on real clothes! Daddy did a great job at finding preemie clothes, which were hard to find!

Ready to go! You can't really see in this picture, but Ethan came to the hospital with David to bring us home!

One of the best things about being home was other people getting to snuggle with Aaron! I don't recall anyone holding Aaron in the hospital besides David, the nurses, and myself.

Our love bug was eager to love on her little brother!

It was good to be back with the kids, it was like we were whole again!

Grandsons!

Cousins!

Silliness!

That is a lot of kids!

The whole family!!!

It was good to spend a little time all before our big trip home!

No comments: