The dreaded time has come, summer has come to an end for me... tomorrow it's back to work. It's amazing how quickly time flies. I feel truly blessed to have been home with Ethan for this long! My last day of vacation was absolutely perfect, I spent the first half of the afternoon having a play date with Ali, Isla, Gretchen, Charlotte, Amanda, and Michael. As always, it was good hanging out with my fellow mommy friends. The second half of the afternoon was spent hanging out with David and Ethan. It was such a treat to have David home early on a weekday!
It has been awhile since I've done a post, here's an update on this what has been going on lately...
At the beginning of the month we introduced a lovey. We took Ethan to the mall and gave him a choice between a blue elephant and a green frog. Both David and I really liked the frog, but Ethan chose the elephant. It has really helped give him a sense of security during sleepy times. He especially likes to suck on the elephant's trunk.
Two weeks ago I noticed Ethan was starting to get his first teeth! He has 2 lower teeth coming out. For the first week or so he was a bit fussier than normal and was getting up frequently during the night, but he seems to be doing much better. It's been hard to get a good picture of his teeth!
He is starting to push himself up into plank position and onto his hands and knees. He is staying in these positions for longer amounts of time and is beginning to rock back and forth while on his hands and knees. It won't be too long until he is crawling about! Although, I'm not sure we're fully ready to childproof the house.
Take me out to the ball game, take me out with the crowd! We went to the Bay Area for one last summer trip and went to a Giants game. Ethan didn't really like it when the crowd cheered, mostly because it took him by surprise. He did enjoy walking around with everyone and sporting his Giants gear.
Lastly, Ethan is getting better at sitting up on his own. David thought it would be fun to give Ethan this big bat. Ethan did enjoy playing with it, although it was bigger than he is!
3 comments:
That was a great post :)I had so much fun this past weekend, thanks for coming up. p.s. only 3 days until a long weekend, you can do it, love you!
i miss you guys already! xoxo
can he get any cuter? I LOVE the picture of him sleeping with his elephant :) Can't wait to see you guys this weekend.
Post a Comment