Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day


The reason I get to celebrate Mother's Day -
a beautiful son and a wonderful husband!

This past weekend I celebrated my second Mother's Day and it was perfect. David asked what I wanted to do and I told him I just wanted to spend time as a family. On Saturday we went to the zoo for the day. It was fun because Ethan has been learning the names of a lot of animals and he enjoyed seeing the animals. On Sunday David spoiled me with a huge breakfast and an even huger BBQ dinner. Thanks David!

I also thought a lot about what it is like being a mother. I couldn't really put it into words until I was talking to a friend at church and she asked, "It's consuming, isn't it?" Consuming is the word that describes motherhood perfectly for me. Yes, it is time consuming (time is no longer your own), it is physically consuming, and it is emotionally consuming. But it's so much more than that. Being a mother has consumed my heart and has completely consumed my soul, there is no greater thing I have ever experienced!

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

Awww, that is the sweetest post. Glad to hear you had such a wonderful mother's day, you deserve it!

Johanna said...

That really is such a sweet post...And you are such a wonderful mother!!

Anonymous said...

You make a great Mom, and you seem to find the time to do everything.

G-Pa