Thursday, August 5, 2010

7 Days to Go!

One more week to go... a few people have asked how I have been feeling and lately I have been filled with a mix of emotions - anxiety, excitement, fear, anticipation. I am a worrier and part of my anxiety is being away from Ethan for a couple of days and how he will handle having a baby sister around. I am sure he will be fine with loving grandparents to help watch him while we're in the hospital and that he will adapt to a baby sister, but it's that worrier in me. I have also been feeling pretty exhausted this past week, I'm not sure if it is because I am towards the end of my pregnancy, not being able to sleep well with Katelyn pressing on my bladder, or trying to do too much. It's probably a combination of all three!

I have been dragging Ethan all over town, trying to fit all these things in before we're home-bound for a while. This week we've been to Sea World twice, the park, the Science Museum, and library toddler hour. By the afternoon I am spent, but it's well worth the fun. Here's some pictures from our week...

On Saturday we went to Sea World as a family and hung out for a few hours...

Waiting in line for the Elmo ride, which Ethan was unfortunately too scared to go on in the end.


Crawling through the fun tunnels in the Bay of Play.


David and I had to be opposite ends of the play area for Ethan to truly explore the area.


We went to a nearby park on and Ethan enjoyed playing in the sand and meeting other kiddos his age.

We went to the Science Museum on "free Tuesday", and despite the crowds and long lines, had fun discovering how things worked...

What could be better than pressing a button and having a light turn on?


Making music!


Turning the wheel and watching the conveyor belt move.

We had to go to Sea World again this week because on our museum day Ethan asked, "World, dum dum?" Translation: Sea World, penguins? It's so cute to see him actually remember things we have done and talk about them!


Taking a snack break with the seals.


It was definitely less crowded on a weekday, and Ethan enjoyed being to walk around by himself.

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

It looks like Ethan had a fun filled week, take it easy Mama! Love you!

Dan said...

Wow, you're making the most of your time before Katelyn arrives! Looks fun. We're praying for you and can't wait to see you soon!

Anonymous said...

Baby sitter? You will have Meema and Peepa there to watch him. We got it covered.
Really looking forward to seeing you guys soon.

G-Pa