Monday, August 16, 2010

We're Home!


I'm so happy to say... WE'RE HOME!!!

I had forgotten how time and space are not your own in the hospital, with nurses, doctors, and dietary staff constantly in and out of your room. Just when you get your baby calm and asleep, in comes a nurse with a thermometer to take your baby's temperature and thus starts the cycle all over again.

Katelyn getting her newborn infant hearing screening
done.

It was also hard to be away from Ethan for so long and I was eager to get home and let him know how much I missed him and loved him. Ethan unfortunately caught a cold right before Katelyn was born and was only able to come visit for a short time on Saturday. He was a bit unsure of what was going on, especially since he hadn't seen me for a few days and everyone had their cameras ready to capture the big moment.

Our family of 4!

We would also like to say a huge THANK YOU to Ethan's grandparents, aunts, and uncles who took such excellent care of him while we were in the hospital. It was a blessing to not have to worry about Ethan and just concentrate on our recoveries so that we could come home as soon as possible.

We survived our first day home together... it's a bit interesting trying to juggle a toddler, a newborn baby, and a mom who really can't help out much. I'm not able to help a lot with Ethan nor get things done around the house since I'm still recovering from surgery. Thankfully David will be home for a few weeks because I don't know how I would do it without him. He has been working nonstop and has had an abundance to patience, grace, and love. Thank you David, you are an amazing husband and daddy!



Ethan is beginning to become more comfortable with having a baby sister around. Today we were talking about who was downstairs versus who was upstairs and he said, "Mommy downstairs. Ethan downstairs. Katelyn downstairs". It's cute to see him start to acknowledge her as part of our family.



Today is also Ethan's 19 month birthday, Happy 19 months Big Brother! You are an amazing little boy and are going to be a great brother. We love you so much!

5 comments:

Dan said...

Welcome home! It was so great to see you last weekend and to meet Katelyn.

Johanna said...

James and I will be ready to help out, babysit, cook, clean, everything! We can't wait to meet the new addition. She is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Meema Szto and Peepa Szto want to say it was a great honor and pleasure to take care of big brother Ethan. We are ready to do it again!
Good to have you home Katelyn.

G-Pa

Ali said...

What a beautiful post. I'm so sorry about the cold!

Kimberly said...

I am so happy everyone is home. Welcome home Katelyn and happy belated 19th month birthday Ethan :) Can't wait to see everyone again soon!