"One Thing Remains"
By Jesus Culture
Higher than the mountains that I face
Stronger than the power of the grave
Constant through the trial and the change
One thing remains
One thing remains
Your love never fails it never gives up it never runs out on me
On and one and on and on it goes
It overwhelms and satisfies my soul
And I never ever have to be afraid
One thing remains
In death and in life I'm confident and covered by the power of your great love
My debt is paid there's nothing that can separate my heart from your great love
Stronger than the power of the grave
Constant through the trial and the change
One thing remains
One thing remains
Your love never fails it never gives up it never runs out on me
On and one and on and on it goes
It overwhelms and satisfies my soul
And I never ever have to be afraid
One thing remains
In death and in life I'm confident and covered by the power of your great love
My debt is paid there's nothing that can separate my heart from your great love
Lately I've had good days and days which just overwhelm me. And last week I had one of those days where I just felt defeated on so many levels. I have this awful tendency to compare myself to other mommies and I wonder, Am I doing the right thing for my kids? Are we making the right choices for them? Are we doing enough? And on these tough days I wish I could have mustered up more patience or had been more loving. I cringe at thinking of someone else raising their voice at my kids, and yet I do. What kind of example am I being when my patience runs out? My fear is that this will leave a lasting impression on my kids, when really, I love them more than anything.
So, I've been hoping for something to cling onto during these times when my mind go wandering or when I get down on myself. I know that I am not perfect, and will never will be, but thankfully there is love. No matter what obstacle I might be facing, and right now it's transitioning to life with 3 kids and staying home, there is love. We have been singing this song lately at church and I have fallen in love with it and when I heard it on Pandora this morning, I knew that it was exactly what I needed. God's love is never ending and is always present, so what more do I need than to cling onto that?
So, I've been hoping for something to cling onto during these times when my mind go wandering or when I get down on myself. I know that I am not perfect, and will never will be, but thankfully there is love. No matter what obstacle I might be facing, and right now it's transitioning to life with 3 kids and staying home, there is love. We have been singing this song lately at church and I have fallen in love with it and when I heard it on Pandora this morning, I knew that it was exactly what I needed. God's love is never ending and is always present, so what more do I need than to cling onto that?
2 comments:
What beautiful lyrics!
I read somewhere that God gives us the chance to have children so we can better understand his infinite love for us.
I (jokingly) wonder if He must spend a lot of time feeling guilty, trying to divide his time between all His children. But, of course, that isn't how it works.
For what it is worth, you are one of the Mommies I admire the most. You are involved and fun and level-headed and loving and your three are so blessed to have you as a mother. Hang in there!
Thanks for sharing! It can be so hard to see through the "fog" on those tough days, but thankfully, they will pass. What a beautiful song and a wonderful truth to cling to! Obviously, no one is perfect, but like Ali said, you are one of the moms I really admire! You do an amazing job of "juggling it all" and despite those moments when you lose your patience or make mistakes, at the end of the day, your kids CERTAINLY know you love them and thankfully, LOVE covers a multitude of sins (1 Peter 4:8). :)
Post a Comment