Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Angry Birds!

This past weekend we ran in the 100th Anniversary of the Bay to Breakers!


What better way to wait for the race to start than flying tortillas?

Check out our sweet Angry Birds shirts! Thanks Kim & Brian!


Three of the four green pigs.


The birds have recaptured the egg!


The monstrous hill.


I see a green pig in the midst of thousands of people!


Mile 7, this was a very welcome sign!


Home stretch! We started at the Bay and ended at the Breakers.


Post-race picture. Thanks grandma for watching the littlest green pig and yellow bird!

It was a lot of fun, mixed in with some sweat and very sore muscles, but I accomplished one of my life's goals! I always wanted to run the race fast enough to get my name in the paper, and lucky for me, they printed all 50,000 participant names (instead of the usual top 10,000) in honor of the 100th Anniversary. Yahoo! Thanks dad for organizing this and lighting the fire for us to do the race!

4 comments:

Dan said...

Awesome! How many other pics from the race did you have to censure and not post online?!? That always did seem like a crazy fun race.

Anonymous said...

Thanks to all the participants and especially the shirt makers.
We enjoyed having everyone up for the weekend.

G-Pa

Ali said...

Wow! I didn't realize you ran the race! That is fantastic! Angry Birds team is TOO funny!

Anonymous said...

Book me again! I am always available (and best of all, is FREE service). I really enjoyed the time spent along with the little ones. They are so precious. Miss you all!

G-ma