Sunday, May 22, 2011

Return of the Angry Birds!

This weekend some of the Angry Birds re-united to do the R.O.C. Race (The Ridiculous Obstacle Challenge). Thankfully this one was only a 5K, although it still made me realize how out of shape I really am.


Waiting for the race to start. The pre-race activities included a costume contest, it was amazing to see how many people dressed up!


A new member to the angry birds team, Dad Drake!


Lucha Libre Gauntlet


Running hard!


Brian catching some air over gorilla hill.


Waiting for our turn at the dreaded monkey bars.


We did it! Thankfully I made it across and didn't fall into the mud pit below.


More running.


Waiting for our turn on the firepole slide.


Going up the hill climb.


The inflatable slide.


Running through the boulder dodge.

Some of the other obstacles were snow mountain, K-rails, slide/ball pit, tube climb, balance beam, rope swing, tire mountain, over/under, and climbing wall. The obstacles were actually a lot of fun! I'd definitely do it again next year and can't wait to see how they improve the course, since this was it's first time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am in for next year. Looks like a lot of fun.

G-Pa