Thursday, July 28, 2011

Zoo Fun!

Early this week we joined some friends from our play group for a Mommy Meetup at the Zoo. They do it monthly and I have been wanting to go, but this is the first time I could make it happen. Getting to the zoo entrance by 8:50 AM is a feat, you have to give yourself 10 minutes to get into the car, 10 minutes to get out of the car, and driving time during morning traffic, but we made it on time, even a little early!





This month's theme was tortoises, which was great because we never explore this area of the zoo when we go. We got to learn about the tortoises and turtles from our guides and a zoo keeper.





Afterwards we stayed at the zoo and went to the petting zoo to pet the goats, sheep, and pigs. Then we visited the flamingos and orangatangs.



I had packed a lunch, but Katelyn was getting tired because she missed her morning nap, so we headed home so she could take a short nap in the car. She wasn't the only one who fell asleep in the car, which is a rare event for Ethan.



We had a picnic outside to continue our outdoor fun. We had a great day, and I can't wait to go again!

2 comments:

JPP said...

Ethan must have been listening to the Auntie Kimmie song.

Anonymous said...

That looks like fun, hard to imagine Ethan sleeping in the car.

G-Pa