Ethan is taking his first swim lessons at a community pool and is starting to enjoy it. So far David has been the one in the pool with him and it's fun to see the two of them have this special bonding time together. David has been very patient with getting Ethan used to the pool and has discovered the trick, Ethan likes to have his feet touching the ground! I don't blame him, I'm sure it gives him a sense of security. I think the other factor is that the water can be chilly, even though it's supposedly heated, our lessons don't start until 6:30 PM and by then the sun is starting to go down. Ethan is not very comfortable with people invading his personal space (although he's fine with family and a few close friends), so for now the swim instructor tries her best to interact with Ethan, but it's mainly just David and Ethan together. Either way, I think it's a good start to getting him acquainted with being in a pool and I'm sure that by the end of the lessons he'll be loving it.

Splashing around with daddy.
Brrr! Trying to stay warm!
Walking to daddy.
Jumping up! (It's hard to take quality pictures while holding a little one who is trying to grab the camera.)

Throwing the duck and then swimming to get it.
1 comment:
He seems to be enjoying himself out there in the water.
G-Pa
Post a Comment