Sunday, September 25, 2011

My Favorites

A few of the things I love at this stage of life...


... Ethan's inquisitive and curious nature. Our day is often filled with an abundance of "why?", but I love explaining how things work to him. I don't hold back in my explanations, telling him that water goes down the drain because of gravity and that the sun doesn't really go down, but it is because the earth is spinning. I know that he often doesn't fully get my explanation, but why not fill him with as much knowledge as possible? Ethan absorbs information like a sponge! I love that he is constantly learning new things. Just these past few days he learned the word scrumptious from Grandma and coupe from Uncle Dan, and Ethan just loves using his new words whenever he can!


... Katelyn's sweetness and determination. In my biased opinion, she exudes sweetness and I love being around her. I love that she thinks she can do anything and everything and does everything she can to keep up with her big brother. She's constantly on the move, never really staying long in one place, and often getting into things she shouldn't. Earlier today she somehow got a hold of the tissue box, pulled out a bunch of tissues, and was walking around sniffing her nose. It was definitely cute. She definitely keeps me on my toes, but that makes every day fun!


... Katelyn's new skill of walking! She's been walking for about a week now and is fairly confident in her new skill. She definitely things she can do anything and everything. My favorite is that although she's still working on her stability, she loves dancing and will bop up and down (just like her brother, of course).


... the bond between Ethan and Katelyn. I love seeing how much the two of them love being with one another. Of course they each have their moments when they want to play alone or is bothered by the other, but for the most part, they get along really well. Ethan easily reads what Katelyn needs and will often jump up to help her before I do or say anything. For example, seeing that she's trying to reach her water and runs over and gives it to her. He has learned what her favorite toys are and will run to give her one of them when she is trying to get what he is playing with. And the other day they actually played with a toy together for 15 or so minutes while I was putting the dishes away, it was precious! I love that I can leave them to play together in one of their rooms so that I can put our clothes away, knowing that Ethan will come running to tell me if Katelyn is doing something she's not supposed to be. And really, Ethan is pretty dependable and trustworthy that I know he is fine.


... I love the way Katelyn looks at Ethan with adoration. Just tonight when they were taking their baths together, Katelyn was enamored with Ethan and what he was doing. It's so precious! So much so that I sometimes worry how any future children with fit into this precious duo.

2 comments:

Ali said...

Marisela, this is the sweetest post. You can tell how much they love each other in the pictures!

Anonymous said...

I agree with Ali, they are adorable!
Can't wait to hug them.

G-ma