Saturday, September 3, 2011

Stay at Home Dad

Marisela officially went back to work this week, so for the first time ever I stayed home with both Ethan and Katelyn ALL day on Thursday and Friday. I have to admit that I was a bit nervous, but we all survived. There's just so much logistics and not enough arms to care for two little ones at the same time.

We had big plans to go to Sea World on Thursday, but by the time Katelyn got up from her nap we didn't have much time, so we decided to take a long walk around the neighborhood instead. Usually Ethan actually walks when we go out, but this time he decided to give me more of a workout and I got to pull both him and Katelyn in the wagon.


On Friday we actually made it to Sea World. All of us had a great time. Ethan danced for the toucan again like he did at my company party on Saturday night. This is him posing in front of the cage after doing a little dance. He said "take a picture of me, Daddy", so I had to oblige.


Daddy couldn't resist Katelyn's little smile, so she ended up with a little polar bear. She does love stuffed animals!


It's definitely hard work staying home and taking care of little ones. I was wiped out by the end of the day, but the smiles and hugs make it all worth while!


Mommy, want to switch?


3 comments:

Marisela said...

Not in a million years daddy!

Dan said...

Nicely done David. Hope work is treating you well, Marisela - I can imagine it's a big transition back.

Anonymous said...

You are a Super Great Dad. The Best!!!
So cute pictures!

G-ma