For awhile now I've thought that Katelyn was a "feeling" person because I think she's very perceptive on others' feelings. I think she could just sense my stress and all she wanted was to be with daddy. I can't really blame her, I wouldn't have wanted to be around me either about a week ago. It was a little sad that she didn't want me, but I think it's a great trait for her to have!
As far as work, I'm hoping it will be a fun year. A new school, new staff, new kids... it can feel a bit lonely. And only working 2 days a week, it's hard to get to really know people. Hopefully that will come with time. I think I will be stretched this year as there will be a lot of mainstreaming, collaborating, teaching small groups in the general education classroom, and modifying general education curriculum. I've done most of this to some degree, but it will be a lot more intense because my students have a ton of potential to excel in the general education with the appropriate modifications and supports. I guess I'll just have to see how the year unfolds, although I'm very thankful to not be working full-time because it would be too overwhelming right now!

1 comment:
Hang in there Marisela. It's a huge transition into a new environment with a lot of stresses right now. You're in my thoughts and prayers.
Post a Comment