Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Zzzz...

We have been really concentrating on Ethan's sleep for the past week or so, which has meant being more consistent on our approach, trying to stick to a nap schedule, and keeping data (which I have found fun, guess it's the teacher in me). It has been a challenge with many tears shed (by both Ethan and me), but there has definitely been some improvements!

Now, in the mornings, this is how I find Ethan...


And tonight we found him like this, out like a light...


Now that Ethan has started to roll over, he likes to roll over in his crib and sleep on his tummy. It makes me extremely nervous, but there is nothing I can do to stop him. One night I kept going into his room to turn him onto his back and by the time I got back to my room he was already on his stomach. After a few times of going back and forth I realized that he is determined to sleep on his tummy. So, I just constantly watch the video monitor to make sure he is still breathing!

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

Yay, I am glad to hear the sleeping is getting better. Look how happy he is to see mommy and daddy :)

Johanna said...

so cute! can't wait to see you guys tomorrow!!

Ali said...

What yumminess! He's so cute I want to pinch the computer screen!
Glad things are going well! I've heard that once a child can roll over onto their tummy then it isn't dangerous to let them stay sleeping on their tummy.
Yey Ferber!