Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Friends School!

I have been bad about taking pictures at Friends School and posting about it, but we have been having fun every week! Here are a few pictures from the past few weeks...


Our first week back after Christmas we learned about ice and cold at our house. Cameron and Ethan are seeing how the colors mix in the ice. I think the real draw were the eye droppers.


Katelyn had to get in for a better look.


Snuggling with the polar animals in the igloo!


Ice skating using wax paper.


Penguin igloo art with Keira.


Painting with colored ice cubes.


Katelyn loves doing what everyone else is doing... brrr! This ice cube is cold!


A few weeks later we learned about snowmen. I think I forgot my camera the previous week when we learned about mittens. Katelyn loves sitting on Allison's lap whenever she's reading a book.


Snow! (Well, as close to snow as we'll get in San Diego.)


Ethan's snowman art! We missed opening circle this morning because we had a preschool tour, so maybe Ethan wasn't sure what the snowman was supposed to look like. Either way, I love his rendition of the snowman!


Next we learned about Chinese New Year and I even learned a few things! Ethan is enjoying juicing his orange.


Playing in the rice sensory bin!


Sweeping away the bad luck... or spreading the rice all around the floor.


Making his dragon puppet. Later we had the dragons dance to a dragon song!


Walking a lion puppet we brought to share with our friends back to the car.

I have loved seeing Ethan and the other kids grow at Friends School since we started in October. I think we have accomplished so much and I have seen Ethan get more comfortable with other adults, as well as other children. It's a special time we have together each week!

1 comment:

allisonwardrip said...

We LOVE Friend School too!!!
P.S. I also love when Katie wants to sit in my lap! :)