Monday, September 24, 2012

Turtles, lizards, and snakes, oh my!

I have been wanting to join a play group for Katie and for some reasons all the ones I looked into meet on Mondays, which is also the day Ethan's play group meets.  At the moment I don't think I have it in me to start and organize one and hold it on a different day, so we're trying to juggle both play groups by switching off each week. On days that we go to Ethan's play group, Katelyn gets a special day with grandma. And then when we go to Katelyn's play group, Ethan gets some one-on-one time with grandma. Sometimes grandpa is there too, it just depends on the week. So, on this day we went with Ethan's play group to the zoo for a Mommy Meetup, which is why you won't see any pictures of Katelyn.

A near encounter with the peacock!

Checking out the turtles with some friends!

Lizards!

After the meet-up we played on the play structure for a bit... crossing the bridge!

Then it was off to see the snakes!

Ethan had a great time making Emily laugh, it was adorable!

I'm enjoying these special days together, thanks grandma and grandpa for helping make this happen. I wish I had taken pictures of Katie with her play group the week before at the zoo (I'm a bit zoo-ed out). It was our first time joining the play group and I didn't want them to think I was strange for taking pictures of Katelyn with their kids.

No comments: