Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Lint?

I have been diligently watching the hummingbird nest outside our door and have rarely seen the mommy in her nest. After a walk yesterday David lifted Ethan up and asked if he saw any eggs. Ethan said, "No, I see some lint". Worried that something had happened to the babies, David pulled down the branch to get a look and saw the baby hummingbirds! I was waiting for the mommy to come attack us, but she just watched closely from a distance.

The little lint balls! It's hard to tell, but there are two baby birds in there!

This was taken a few days later, they are growing so quickly!

The following day... their feathers are growing in!

The mama bird! On this morning I actually saw her feeding the babies, it was the greatest thing! Two litle beaks eagerly opening their mouths for breakfast. By the time I grabbed the camera, they were done. It has been fun watching the whole process!

1 comment:

allisonwardrip said...

Incredible!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for posting these!!!!!!!!!!!